Tuesday, November 3, 2009

we haven't met him yet


It's true...I'm still very pregnant. BELIEVE ME...I WILL SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS WHEN I GET TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL! You, my friends, will know. Went to the doctor yesterday...90% effaced, 2 cm dilated. Just as "my eyes started to get a little bit of wet in them" (quote from Junie B. Jones), my doctor reassured me that most first time moms go into labor not dilated at all...so somehow I'm still ahead of the game. (?) Interesting. Not feeling ahead at this point. So my next question was how long will you let me go past my due date. He said he doesn't like to let moms go past 41 weeks....so practicing my old trusty speaker/listener technique I learned in our premarital class, I proceed to say, "so what I'm hearing you say is that I could still be pregs for 2 more weeks?" Yes, Lindsay, you heard me correctly. Wow. Thankfully the doctor and nurse exit stage left and leave me for some much needed time to myself. Sheesh, what a doozie. Any tips to get this ball rollin'? What worked for you?

11 comments:

malia said...

Broom, you look FABULOUS!!! I can't wait to see pics of your baby when he comes!!! Are you going to be in TX for Christmas?

Kristy said...

I have to say this is a very bittersweet time for me. While I can't wait to meet my future son-in-law, I am going to miss you so much when you are finally at home with little Tanner. I know it's selfish, but who's going to sing with me and laugh hysterically at things that aren't even that funny?

Katie Norwood said...

Linz!!! You look so awesome. I know you're ready to just be done with it, but you are doing so great. I can't believe you're still at school, wrangling kids!! You are amazing. I can not wait to see pics of the cute little one! Love you and thinking of you.

The Cochran Fam said...

You crack me up! I know how you feel. Hang in there mom, he'll be here before you know it. Need to get the ball rolling? Try lots of walking and you know what ;)

Shawn & Courtney said...

linz, i was a week late. it seemed like an ETERNITY, especially because my sister-in-law, due AFTER me, got to show off her sweet little baby at Christmas, and i was STILL PREGNANT.
try inserting a capsule of primrose oil morning and night. i won't get more graphic than that :-)

gale marsh said...

Well, sweet Mom to be Lindsay I know those last few days of waiting feel like a lifetime but having experienced that years ago of waiting and waiting I look back now and I believe it is God's way of making for sure it is all just right in his time you know but it is still hard to wait. Hang in there and Tanner will be here before you know it. Love, Gale

Unknown said...

Hang in there! It could happen anytime! My water broke 2 weeks early and I wasn't dilated at all and 50% effaced... U are ahead! Have lots of sex -my doc said it helps! It's so amazing Lindsey-i pray for a good delivery!!! Meeting your little boy will be the best moment ever!

wongandwong said...

Walking, walking and more walking helped me with Brian. In fact, worked so good he almost was born in the hospital elevator!! :) Thinking of you everyday-

Brett said...

Oh baby!! You must feel a bit swollen! We are very anxious too. All in good time, dear one. I will call you to tell you what I did to get the ball rolling. Love you,
Jen

Brett said...

the above comment was left by Grandma Jen, not Grandpa Brett.

Kristin said...

you look awesome! all belly girl! maybe T will come today! havent been pregs....but I think i know the trick...spicy spicy food! try it, and be ready for the hospital! luf!