Friday, May 6, 2011

My Granddaddy

My Granddaddy went to be with His Lord this morning at 1:27am. I was already awake when I got the text at 2:20-I could feel it coming. Weird...but then again, it's not. The Lord cares for us in unique little situations like that. It's just His kind nature to ready me and sit with me through it. While I sat there in the dark I began thinking about what he would say to me...what he has said to me through his actions. This process brought a lot of happy tears. Here are just a few...no doubt I will come up with more throughout this process.
Find someone your heart loves , and then choose to keep loving them each day. Man, he was good at that!

Put others needs before your own. I often remember my Granddaddy massaging my Nonnie's feet. It didn't matter where we were, he wanted to make her comfortable and serve her...even if we were at the arboretum. :)


Be passionate about the things you love. He loved education and learning. All things LSU. Trains got him going. His family was precious to him.

Play hard through life with the ones you love. I miss him already.


11 comments:

kjds said...

this post is precious! what sweet memories and thoughts of your granddaddy. thankful that the Lord cares for us in special ways when we need Him most.

Kristin said...

sweet sentiments. i love that as i read these reflections you had, I can recognize his influence in your life, character, and development. i am thankful for the special time the Lord gave you to be thoughtful, be present and be ready.

Trish said...

He sounds like a very wise man. You were blessed to have him in your life.

Kristy said...

Wow Linds - So sorry for your loss. He seems like an amazing man.

Brooke Allison-Beard said...

Lindsay,I am so sad to hear of your loss. Thank you for sharing these qualities of your Granddaddy with us. I feel now that I know him a little bit. Because of him you know a good man when you see one. That is partly why you appreciated Chris when you met him.How blessed you are to have your Granddaddy's love and infuence in your life. I will keep you in my prayers.
Love,
Brooke

Liz said...

I'm sorry for your loss, friend! I am SO thankful that you had such a long time getting to know and love your granddaddy. I had 29 years with one of mine and the other is still here. We are blessed!

Emily said...

Im so sorry Lindsay! I will be praying for you and your family to find comfort from the Lord!

Nikkie said...

Thanks for sharing Linds. We'll be praying for your family!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful tribute you wrote about your grandpa. Many hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Maddalena said...

lovely!

gale marsh said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. What nice words you wrote for him. I will be praying for you and your family. Love, Gale