Thursday, June 30, 2011

guest blogger-Tanner, T-rex, T-bone, T-diddy

"Hey Guys. Guess what? I got my first spankin' on Tuesday. It wasn't pretty. Do you wanna know what I did? Well, I looked right at my mama with an 'I'm the boss' face and gave a big 'ole high five to my Pops' fancy TV. You know, the one that I know I'm not allowed to touch."
It's true. It happened. My hub and I have known that the time for spanking was coming, but we still were unsure as to what willful disobedience would look like. Don't get me wrong, we've had glimpses up until now, but nothing hard core...mostly just rule reminders. I'd been praying consistently for the past week for guidance...and when he made that face at me, I knew. I'm not gonna lie, it was one of my least favorite mama moments ever. After I spanked him, he had a tear in both eyes and turned around to hug my neck. We had a sweet moment of reconciliation and then he ran off to play with "melmo" (elmo). "That's when my eyes began to get a little bit of wet in them" (thank you junie b. jones). This discipline thing is hard! I'm so thankful to have mommy friends going through this with me. My dear friend Shellie sent me this verse...SOOOOO good! Soak it up all you mama's out there, and keep up the good work!
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11
Gosh I needed to hear that!

0 comments: